Friday, September 19, 2014

Chapter 20: I believe!

“People don’t buy what you do, they buy why you do it.” At least, that’s what Simon Sinek says. So I’ve decided to put my ‘why’ in a form of belief statements.

I believe the family is forever. I believe that really great music should be shared. I believe that Doctor Who is one of the greatest shows ever written. I believe that ‘book-smarts’ are equally important as ‘street-smarts’. I believe that, if not handled properly, religion and politics can spark contentious debates.

So, now I want to talk in more detail about one of these belief statements. I believe that really great music should be shared. I love the way harmonies and melodies work together to create something beautiful. Some music has the power to make me smile just by hearing it. Other music sounds fun. On the flip side, there is also music that is so horrible it barely counts as music. However, in keeping with the law of opposition, we must know bad music if we are to recognize the good stuff.


In the end, music is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment